Before the development of dental implants, bridges and dentures were the only alternatives to replace missing teeth. As life expectancy increases, permanent tooth replacement becomes important, and necessary, not only for oral health but for a good quality of life. Dental implants replace the root and crown of a tooth to mimic the structure of a natural tooth. With implant-supported replacement teeth, you’ll speak clearly, eat what you want, and smile with confidence.
Comprehensive Implant Dentistry
Dr. Russ and Dr. Sender of Broadway Dental provide full-service implant dentistry to restore smiles missing a single tooth or an entire row of teeth. The doctors offer a no fee consultation, where they will listen to your needs and concerns and recommend appropriate treatment they can provide to you. They perform the implant surgery, create and attach custom-made replacement teeth, and provide follow-up care at our Hicksville office. Using advanced technology and assisted by a knowledgeable team, your implant dentist provides personalized, clinically excellent care in one location.
The Problems Caused by Missing Teeth
The effects of missing teeth can be devastating. Even a single missing tooth sets in motion a series of negative events, including bone loss and the potential loss of additional teeth. Studies show that if a missing tooth isn’t replaced, up to 20% of adjacent teeth will be lost in the next 4 to 8 years.
In addition, your jawbone suffers. A healthy jaw depends on the chewing forces of natural teeth to remain strong. When those forces are missing, jawbone mass begins to diminish in a process called resorption. It’s this jawbone loss that makes people with missing teeth appear as if their facial structure has collapsed.
Other problems caused by missing teeth include existing teeth that begin to shift, causing bite misalignment, problems with chewing, and jaw joint dysfunction.
Anatomy of an Implant
A dental implant consists of a small, surgical-grade titanium post inserted in your jawbone to function as a new tooth root. The implant anchors one or more replacement teeth to complete your smile. Your jawbone fully bonds with the implant to form a solid, lasting foundation.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide a wealth of benefits over conventional replacement teeth. Here are just a few:
- Replacing missing teeth with dental implants stops bone loss, letting you retain a more youthful appearance. Dental implants are the only restorative dentistry solution that provides this benefit.
- The advances in implant dentistry allow Drs. Russ and Sender to drastically shorten treatment times. Often temporary teeth can be inserted at the time of implant placement.
- Dental implants give you the ability to eat what you want, comfortably and with no worry of slippage. Plus, you won’t need adhesive to keep your teeth in place and you’ll fully taste your food.
- Using an implant to replace a missing tooth negates the need to grind down surrounding, healthy teeth. A traditional bridge requires that at least two healthy teeth be sacrificed to support the bridge.
- You’ll smile, talk, laugh, and eat with confidence.
- With proper care, your dental implants will last a lifetime.
At Broadway Dental, we offer a lifetime guarantee on the dental implants we place. Ask for details at your consultation.
Experience comprehensive dentistry focused on your smile’s health and beauty. Schedule a free dental implant exam with Dr. Russ or Dr. Sender. Our office, located in Hicksville, is close to all major parkways and the Long Island Railroad.